This guitar is the quintessential beginner guitar. Inexpensive, but well made and easy to play.
Contact the Doo Wop Shop: http://www.doowop.com/
or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DooWopShop/?fref=ts
Or buy direct:
Get a guitar that looks good. If you like how it looks, you’ll practice more.
Run your hand along the sides of the neck.
Bar across the strings with your index finger
Listen to the guitar
What Kind of Guitar Should You Get?
Josh Ayala, guitarist and guitar nut reviews his latest favorite for us.
Body: Alder Body Shape: Jaguar®
Body Finish: 3-Color Sunburst Polyester
Neck Shape: “C” Shape
Number of Frets: 22
Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
Position Inlays: Vintage Ivory Dots
Fretboard Radius: 9.5″ (24.1 cm)
Neck Material: Maple
Nut Width: 1.650” (42 mm)
Scale Length: 24″ (61 cm)
Neck Plate: Vintage Style 4 Bolt
Truss Rod Nut: Original Vintage Style
Pickup Configuration: H/H Bridge Pickup: Enforcer™ Humbucking Pickup (Bridge) Neck Pickup: Enforcer™ Humbucking Neck Pickup Pickup Switching: Neck Pickup On/Off Slide Switch, Bridge Pickup On/Off Slide Switch, Normal/Low Cut Slide Switch Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
Hardware: Adjusto-Matic™ Bridge with Vintage Style “Floating” Tremolo Tailpiece and Tremolo Lock Button String
Nut: Synthetic Bone
Tremolo Arm/Handle: Screw-In Style Jaguar/Jazzmaster Tremolo Arm
Auxiliary Switching: Master Kill Slide Switch, Neck Pickup Humbucking/Single-Coil Blend Control, Bridge Pickup Humbucking/Single-Coil Blend Control
The Washburn Cumberland series of acoustic guitars feature solid Alaskan sitka spruce tops, flame maple back and sides and gold hardware. Maple has a brighter sound than mahogany or rosewood so these guitars tend to sound clearer and more articulate. This works out especially well for the larger bodied jumbo versions that might loose focus with a mellower sounding back and side wood.
• Jumbo cutaway body style
• Solid Alaskan Sitka Spruce top
• Flame maple sides and back
• Satin finished maple neck with two-way truss rod
• Rosewood fingerboard and bridge with bone nut and saddle.
• Flame maple capped headstock with abalone inlay.
• Gold die cast chrome tuners
• Fishman Presys+ Tuner/Preamp System
• Keep in mind that what you’re hearing is influenced by my playing style, the camcorder’s microphone, your computer speakers as well as the machinations of Youtube. One way to compensate for these factors is to compare the sound of the guitar in this video to other acoustic/ electric guitar reviews that I’ve done under the same circumstances. Check for links in the description.
This is a reveiw fo the Washburn EA 10 Acoustic Guitar
Petite Jumbo sized
Basswood top, sides/back
Catalpa neck with trussrod
Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
NuBone nut & bridge saddle
Chrome diecast tuners
EQ4-T pickup system
D’Addario EXP-16 Strings
Colors: Black, Red
Case: GPJDLX (Sold Separately)
You are currently browsing the archives for the Guitar Reviews category.